Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if the AW ban doesn't go away and they make a new one.

Lets say it outlaws detachable mags and pistol grips as well as thumbhole stocks. It limits mag capacity to 5 also. Anyone owning such a rifle will have to turn it in or if caught face federal gun charges.

But wait there is a loophole!

If you permanently fix your 5 round mag to the receiver and convert to a regular stock you can keep you guns.

Would you convert your rifles?

·
Registered
51 Posts
they will try to ban in progression,

they will grandfather the old weapons but make you have them register them.

then the banning of full autos and "assult weapons"

then register all guns

then ban on them

some kind of riot or something will happen somewhere in there

thats what I see happening.

·
Registered
51 Posts
oh, and i probably would modify to stay legal :scared:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
romack
you forgot a few things
after registation then they will require you to store them in a government warehouse.
you will have to sign them in and out.
then one day the warehouse will be closed for good and all of your property will be gone. sound familiar.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
In my sometimes not so humble opinion, I feel that due to this being an election year, that the ban will be allowed to sunset until after the elections then a different (probably worse) ban will be put into effect with no sunset provision. The democrats and republicans don't want to be caught on the losing side of this issue (losing side being whatever side of the issue you are on ,lol). If the ban doesn't sunset, whoever votes it back in will not be reelected or the elections could landslide to the other political party. TO guarantee being elected for 4 more years - they would most likely wait to do anything about it. To me that means that we will have a couple of months of freedom concerning folding stocks and other neat things. Of course this is just how I see it, and my 2 cents on the issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Speaking for myself, I believe if they renew the AWB in any form, I will be practicing civil disobediance{sp}....
I've submitted up until now, but I believe I will no longer submit after the 13th of Sept.

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
1 Patriot-of-many said:
Speaking for myself, I believe if they renew the AWB in any form, I will be practicing civil disobediance{sp}....
I've submitted up until now, but I believe I will no longer submit after the 13th of Sept.

Agreed.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts