Gunco Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The CZ 452 Scout rifle is a compact Rimfire rifle intended for young shooters. Due to its shortened dimensions, reduced weight and single round loading device it is a perfect first rifle for any boy or girl. The single round loading device helps teach ammo conservation and marksmanship. 5 and 10 round magazines are available for the Scout rifle.

So I can involve something I love the most, my kids, in the hobby I enjoy most... and be able to teach them about discipline, patience, safety, responsibility, and marksmanship to boot.

I know it sounds pretty sappy, but I honestly couldn't think of anything I wanted more.

What's on your wish list?

Lynch

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
When my duaghter was 6 I bought her a Chipmunk rifle. It is a single shot rifle that is great for learning with. Now that she is 18 I'm building her a '74 and I'm still tempted to give it pink furniture like Winn did for his daughter.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
CZs are great rifles in any caliber, a little local girl 8 years old has won all kinds of matches with an CZ 22.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
My wife told me I'm not getting anything for Christmas. I've ordered too many guns already. :nono2:

And, those CZ rifles are first class Lynch.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lup/Pogo

That's my impression as well... I wanted to buy something the family could continue to pass down.

Lynch

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer,

Jerry's Sport Center in Dayton sells them. Any FFL dealer can buy from them. For info, Jerry's sells the 452 Scout for $169.95. Figure how much you are willing to pay a dealer for markup, and make an offer.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I've been taking one of the guys at work and his 14 year old son shooting this year.

The boy is quite interested and I thought maybe that would be something he would think of for Christmas.

Whoops. Check that. He is Jewish. Maybe Hanukkah or something.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer said:
I've been taking one of the guys at work and his 14 year old son shooting this year.

The boy is quite interested and I thought maybe that would be something he would think of for Christmas.

Whoops. Check that. He is Jewish. Maybe Hanukkah or something.
Or possibly for Kwanza. :D

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Custer said:
Where do you buy that rifle around here, Lynch?
Country Attic Treasures up here in South Lebanon.

$190

None in stock at the moment, he's got two on order - told me to check back in a couple of weeks.

Lynch

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup... you betcha... shottys mostly, but they do carry a few rifles proper - Kimber, Beretta, CZ, Browning, and other various handguns as well - some that I think they sell on consignment.

It's a good local shop... I buy there whenever I can - ammo accessories etc. This will be my first gun purchase from them. The owner appears to be "good people" if you get my meaning, and prices they have quoted me have always been fair.

It's a nice shop... something personal and "good" about it.

Lynch

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Guess I will have to check it out sometime.

Are they on the main drag up there?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope... if you come up 71N - take the RT48 South Lebanon exit - I think it's the exit just after Kings Mills.

Turn LEFT (South) onto 48 - you'll go no more that 100 yds or so and come to a light with an old gas station on the corner - take a LEFT at the light - I think Hudson is the third street down on your LEFT - in any event you'll see a small low sign for the Country Attic on your left designating where to turn - turn LEFT onto Hudson - the store will be 2 blocks down on your LEFT.

Don't let the fact that it's smack dab in the center of a residential neighborhood throw you off.

It's worth the trip.

Lynch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts