Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
gunco irregular
3,460 Posts
Saw one back in the 90's. The price tag back then was $12K. Schuster makes a gas block to give a standard Garand the gas trap look. M1 Garand Gas Trap Conversion
I'm down to just one standard M1 Garand at the moment a DCM 1953 IHC with LMR barrel. From back when you actually had to shoot a match for the DCM paperwork. Good shooting rifle and one of my sons favorite rifles to shoot.

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
101 Posts
i owned one garand over the years , wasnt my cup of tea , was the first on the chopping block when i decided to thin the heard and reduce the number of calibers i had to stock

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have to part ways with you here, the Garand is one of my favorite rifles, but everyone to their own poison, yukedy, yuk! I have ones rebarreled to 309 and converted to use M14 mags and an other jjust rebarreled to.308. Used to own one rebarreled to 8mm Mauser, but a good friend of mine wanted it, so I sold to him. Owned him a few favors, still l miss that rifle though.

·
gunco irregular
3,460 Posts
I had a bunch of them in the 90's when the kits were $120 and the receivers were under $100. Sarco used to have the italian 308 kits which had a NOS shortened barrel, new stock and shortened oprod along with the rest of the parts kit. Most of mine were 30-06 though. Still have the barrel wrench which will work on M14/M1A's with an 1/8" spacer to make up for the differences in receivers.

Reactions: Tommo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts