Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I myself like the Remington 870 than the Remington 1100. What can I say I am a Remington Man.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My favorite shotgun was the Central Arms and Bicycle Works (I kid you not!) 12-gauge side-by-side I grew up with. Straight grip, splinter-foregripped takedown.

After that, my favorite is the one I now have: Stevens 311 12-gauge side-by side, another no-frills weapon.

I really like plain-Jane 12-gauge side-by-sides. Features I like are the absence of features: Like double-trigger better than single, like extractors better than ejectors, like manual better than automatic safety. The Central Arms and Bicycle Works had none, the 311 alas has an automatic safety.

Traded a Winchester '97 take-down slug gun for the Stevens. It was a marvelous weapon for shooting people or for slug-hunting deer, but I do neither.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Vis, does the 500 take easily-interchangable barrels? If so, that would be a really nice feature - able to go from slug-gun/defense configuration to sporting configuration easily. I had hoped to do that with my '97, but finally gave up on finding a sporting configuration barrel/magazine assembly from someone who'd somehow destroyed their '97's receiver.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
the 500 does have interchangable barrels..i have 4 for mine and they are real easy to change..Just screw the thumbscrew..

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I guess I should have been a little more specific.
Although My Franchi is my favorite shotgun, it is not my "when things go bump in the night" shotgun.

That would be my bedside companion, the Fat Lady.
It's a Mossy persueder, packed with 8 rounds of Federal Lawman 00 Buck

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
winchester 1300 defender all tricked out for me ive got 2 one in wood one in synthetic with top folder and six shell sidesaddle mount

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Here's a few pics of my Maverick 91. Chambered for 2 3/4, 3, & 3 1/2 shells. Also very easily changed barrels. Takes a grand total of about 30 secs to swap one. 3 1/2 Mags are definately turkey getters, but you need to order a new shoulder before shooting. I filled the hollow cavity in the stock with shot to give it a liitle weight. Makes it a little heavy to carry but saves the shoulder. Hey Cephus, been a while since you've fired this one. Want me to bring over some 3 1/2's for New Years?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Friend of mine brought a pistol-gripped shotgun without a buttstock over to go shooting. I found it rather humiliating. I couldn't hit a damned thing, generally firing way too low.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
I got my remington 870 wingmaster, great gun.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I would have to say my favorite pump shotgun is the 12 gauge mossberg 500. But my all time favorite is the double barrel sixteen gauge my dad has. It is fun to shoot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts