Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOPPIN-JOHN (Good luck)
Three hours ago I started frying two pound of thick cut bacan and chopped sweet onion until I had some nice drippings. Then I removed the bacan, added water, blackeye peas, rice,salt and pepper to taste.

COLLARD GREEN'S (Money)
Cut and washed green's under running water while water, sugar, a little salt, smoked ham hocks and jowls came to a soft boil. Once I had a nice stock I added the collard green's, reduced heat and covered for one hour.
Best served with Texas Pete Pepper Sauce(Vinegar/Tobasco Peppers)
UmmmmmmUM

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dang, Stingray........that sure does look good. I'm having ham, black eye peas, mashed potatoes, cornbread and homemade pies, pies & pies.

BTW did I mention that I'm having pie.???:)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have not been able to keep food down for a couple of days. I may try some oatmeal with peaches.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
tjames1 said:
Baked mostaccholi (sp?) with hot Italian sausage...I'm from Chicago. :)
now thats what i call good eatin..spelling was close..only one c

·
Registered
968 Posts
That looks good!!

We cleaned my daughters room for 12 hours yesterday so we had no New Years at all LOL. We had subway for dinner as there was no time to cook. :D I think we will be doing our celebrating tonight with a nice cooked ham, green beans, mashed potato's, and of course leftover christmas cookies! :D

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Gonna have corned beef and cabbage with a few potatos thrown in the pot. Yum. Also I like cold corn beef sandwiches with mayonaise.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Meatballs!! Large homemade Meatballs!!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Been poaching the stew off and on for about an hour.

I'd say it is close to acceptable but I'll have to keep tasting to say that for sure.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Grolled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I am hoping I get an E-bay quality sandwich. Then, I can sell it for some money. Maybe I will have the John the Baptist grilled cheese.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hmmm, it all sounds great, (including the grilled cheese)!

The Ham's got about an hour to go. Dinner for the Mrs. will be baked Ham, (Honey Glaze), mixed vegetables (with broccoli, but w/out Lima Beans), home made dinner rolls, scalloped potatos, with homemade cherry pie and ice cream for desert.

Problem is I'm not supposed to eat any of it except for the salad w/o dressing and the veggies.

I'm not suppossed to, but I'm gonna!

If it kills me you'll all know I died with a full belly and a big smile.

(I used to think salt, sugar, fat, cholesteral and beer were the 5 major food groups.
Now I'm paying for it.)

If my doctor wasn't so dang cute I'd ignore her all the time instead of just some of the time.

Happy New Year All!

2005 will have to be better than 2004 because it's more!

:)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
5KNIVES........I always thought that the 4 basic food groups was.....
Nicotine
Caffine
Salt
Fat

Am I wrong?????:confused:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Longhorn, Baby!

We had gift certs to Longhorn and so did our friends. We got their daughter to babysit and we all had a great steak dinner without whiny kids! :D

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Hey now Cephus! I resmeble that remark! My ideal weight is 190 and I push 220 now. I really need to lose some weight soon! My family is starting to remark on it more and more. I got diabetes in the family too and I need to think about that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts