Gunco Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you guys are lucky enough to have a nice store nearby to buy gun stuff. I have to drive at least an hour to even see an AK in a store.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Vances in central ohio is nice, but it's been a long time since i've been in a gun store, so I have not had the chance to check out the new ones in the area.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I do most of my business with Shooter's Supply in Loveland. About 20 minutes from my house.

Best prices around and excellent atmosphere and service.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Scott's Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie, MD........about 5 miles from my house. Not only is Scott a super nice guy but also a super gunsmith.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
There's no real good ones near me. There's a couple of quite decent ones in Indianapolis, especially Bradis Gun Shop which is just South of Indianapolis. Usually the gun shows in Indy are quite good.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you're all making me jealous..i'm gonna have to get my buddy to give me a copy of his ffl and start making some road trips to go shopping..

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tjames1 said:
I live about 10 minutes from Military Gun Supply.

http://www.militarygunsupply.com

They always have some pretty cool stuff!
its kind of sad, but i have been waiting for a receiver for over a month..haha..your store has one in stock and i can't get it ..haha

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
we have a small shop two towns over not bad I bit over SGN prices but not too bad. I have bought some ammo and a few guns from them. osippee vally outfitters is the only place around with "my kind of stuff" we do have a big tradeing post about 40 min away buy they are offended if you even ask about an SKS. and just saying AK will allmost get you kicked out

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Star Gun And Archery Leesville LA.............plus I get a discount because I worked there for 7 years before I retired.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i didn't order it..i would have to go to my local gun store and have him send a copy of his FFL to them ..then they would have to send it up to him, then i would have to then go to his store and fill out the papers...problem is my buddy who does that for me is on vacation until the second week of January..its a real hassle to get something out of state from here..

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World at the Concord Mills Mall North Carolina. Not a whole lot of military stuff, but I still enjoyed looking.

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
I thought maybe you were having a problem getting it from them...I would've gone in and tried to expedite it. :)

WC846 said:
no i didn't order it..i would have to go to my local gun store and have him send a copy of his FFL to them ..then they would have to send it up to him, then i would have to then go to his store and fill out the papers...problem is my buddy who does that for me is on vacation until the second week of January..its a real hassle to get something out of state from here..

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i sent an e-mail to my buddy..so if he reads his mail while on vacation..maybe i can get them...

·
Registered
72 Posts
specialty sporting goods, i think, colorado springs. the biggest selection of guns and a knowledgeble staff. however, if you are there might as well run over to dragonman's 20 mins out of town. he's a class3 dealer/manufacturer with his own range. good c&r stuff, rents out MG's. and of course there is manitou springs 30 mins out of town the other way where there is a mountain-man store with a very extensive collection of blackpowder guns and kits. some mention should go to the gun vault Ltd. in CS. you can store your guns there and the guy has an import FFL, an on-site gunsmith, and the oddest inventory since if you don't pay on time your guns are his!!
last, but not least, ace pawn of Killeen, TX. as far as pawn shops go they put some gun stores to shame.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
I have one semi decent gun shop within 8 miles of me along with several wannabe gunstore pawnshops. Sometimes you can wander into one of the pawnshops and find something good. You can always find something in the real gunstore...if you're willing to put up with the attitudes and the somewhat shocking prices. :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Custer said:
I do most of my business with Shooter's Supply in Loveland. About 20 minutes from my house.

Best prices around and excellent atmosphere and service.
I checked out that place last week, Its small but a nice selection. They had a no ban wasr for $330 which seemed really fair. Nice guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts