Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember seeing if this has come up before and if it has it must be my senility kicking in. But what is the origin of your screen name?

My name Chromebolt came about when I first went to a gun site to get information about hard chroming an AK bolt carrier for my Romanian. I acutally wanted a polished bolt carrier but had a friend who could hard chrome it at work. I also wanted to get some info on a hard bolt carrierfor one of my AR's and voila Chromebolt was born. Yea I know I'm not very creative!!!!!

Anyway, what is/are the origin(s) of your name?

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Well I'm a Polish (mostly) and I used to keep Taipans. They still one of my favorite snakes. Actually I've used Taipan since I was a teen.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My grandmother's maiden name was Lupoloff, when I registered at another place I misspelled it, so I just left it Lupeloff.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
History of the American West is one of my hobbies and I have focused a lot on Custer.

I happened to be reading yet another book about Custer when I registered at my first gun site and carried the name to gunco.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well, I own half of a major corporation made up of my last name and my wifes last name. :headspin::wink:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Johnson said:
Well, I own half of a major corporation made up of my last name and my wifes last name. :headspin::wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Used to race dirtbikes when I was young and my number was 2........The first 3 letter are not proper for an open public forum..........

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
My handle was one of the jobs that I had when I was in Nam........I was also an Avionics Platoon Sergeant in Nam but settled on DorGunR because I thought no one else would be using it spelled the was I do. I'm a member of eight gun boards and use the same handle on all of 'em.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have been raising and training queenland heelers for many moons, so since cowdog was takin at the 1st e-mail place I signed up for, I changed mine to cowdawg and vola I have been that since I was a pup on the internet. I am cowdawg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
From and area in Western Maryland named SangRun as is the road. When I first started using it I knew no one else would be using it and everyone would remember it as well.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I could have used one of two names. 75_stingray just sounds so much better than 99_ChevyVentureMinivan!:D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Years ago I wnet by my first inbitial and middle name G. Robert ****, kinda like H. Ross Perot. Some guys at work shortened it to G. Bob and I went oin with that for quite some time. Later I would become known as the "one-and-only G.Bob".
Thereforth and hence GBob01.
I'm also known as "1darksoul" on a couple other boards stemming from a more depressed time in my past.
But I'm happy again now.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Ok pic time I guess. So here's a couple of cool ones ripped from the net.

I miss keeping them, they were awesome snakes.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Taz is my favorite looney toons character and 38 is the number of my fav nascar driver Elliott Sadler. Dundee was added by Preacher cuz I posted some pics of the alligators that live around the island we camp on (over there on the great outdoors section) :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts