1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
508 Posts
B-B-But it's almost loaded! He has shells in his pocket! And that glove! That evil black glove! And the vest! That evil black vest! C'mon now,that boy's just itching to kill his classmates! The nerve!:scared:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Shit my HS pic in Germany when I graduated ( 1989 ) I had a Megadeth shirt with a bloody skull and upside down cross on...And they let that fly...
This pic is wholesome as can be. Wait, maybe thats why they pulled it!
Because if the bully's in his school saw that pic he would be in deeeeeeep trouble!

*Nelson laugh* :lol: - Ha-ha....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
well I certainly think they should ban fishing rods too, maby even butterfly nets. especialy black butterfly nets. just between you and me ,, dont tell anyone.... I have a bayonet lug on my butterfly net and I think the net is not US made. LOL

·
Registered
508 Posts
Diverdown said:
That boy's family is sueing the school. Excellent!
Absolutely excellent! Dig this quote:

Douglass and his parents point to past senior photos that could be considered more objectionable, including students mugging with baseball bats, nooses and liquor bottles.

"Nooses and liquor bottles"? WTF? Now a baseball bat, football jersey, tennis racket...I have no objections, just the same as the shotgun. Tell ya what, I don't have any kids but if I did I'd be damn proud of a picture like that! Kid looks as wholesome as "Opie Taylor", it's a nice picture. In this age of "political correctness" constantly promoting "tolerance" I'd love to know just what is wrong with that portrait. If I can Google up an e-mail for that school board I'd love to give the kid some support. Nothing rude or mean-spirited mind you. The school board superintendent is beyond "PC" :

Superintendent Nathan Greenberg said school shootings around the country in recent years make him wary of allowing the photo in the seniors section.

"Maybe it?s not fair but that?s the reality," Greenberg said, adding that "part of our contention is that it could be construed that the school could be endorsing guns."

Gimme a freakin' break! School athletic programs paralize and kill children every year, yet they have no problem endorsing them. Society continues on the downward spiral that makes me the angry, cynical individual that I am.:grumble:

Edited to change "brake" to "break", it's a gunowner thing, happens all the time...:wink:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evil_WalksII said:

Superintendent Nathan Greenberg said ,
"Maybe it?s not fair but that?s the reality," Greenberg said, adding that "part of our contention is that it could be construed that the school could be endorsing guns."
Or, as apparent in this instance, the responsible exercise of Americans' right to keep and bear amrs. The shotgun was broken in the pose, and not armed. It was held appropriately, not like Dianne Feinstein did with her famous AK pose. The superintendent's position was ignorant and unAmerican, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I find the recent "come hither" sexy posed pictures used by a lot of HS girls for the yearbook shot to be a lot more offensive.

If a picture of a kid with a shotgun endorses guns, then the suggestive pictures mean the school endorses teen sex.

·
Registered
681 Posts
hotbarrel said:
well I certainly think they should ban fishing rods too, maby even butterfly nets. especialy black butterfly nets. just between you and me ,, dont tell anyone.... I have a bayonet lug on my butterfly net and I think the net is not US made. LOL
AND polish grips.... screw 'em!
Livin' on the edge, there, hotbarrel!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I hope that he can use that picture in the yearbook. Or to make it better he should get a picture taken with an AK and use that instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts