Gunco Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which kind of the AK 75 rnd drums work the best? The ones that allow you to open them up (chinese I think), or the kind that does not open up? (romanian I think).
Thanks, TM

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
the best drums are the ones that hold 100 rounds, how is that.......
No to be honest the asin ones are best in my oppinion to , by FAR the best. easy to load , unload, and easy to leave loaded without spring fatigue at all. many people were saying the euro ones were the best after the asin ones dried up. but I saw no real reason why they were better, I think it was just because they were selling them.
YES Asin ones do cost MORE. if you are intrested in buying one I bought some as investment and am willing to sell one or some. but please do not be shocked at the price, It will be about twice as much. I paid a lot for them just before they were all gone. another thing is the Asin ones are trade banned so you will not see them here again. so that pushes up the value too. like china rifles.
again if you want one or more I have them NEW. just offering.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I am also looking for a drum. You have any links to who has them and for how much?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I too have a Chinese drum, and it really is the cats meow. The eastern euro ones are a severe PITA to load. Here's one on Auction Arms:
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=26482500

They turn up on trader boards and the auction sites, but expect to pay $100+ for one. Worth it though.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I agree, the Asian design is much easier to load, but they do have a bit of a "flimsy" feel to them as compared to the Euro design. But for our purposes, where they would not be exposed to the rigors of military abuse, I think the Asian is better.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I have one of each and bought them last year. I believe I paid $69 for the European drum and I shopped around and found a Chinese for $80(a motivated seller LOL). They were both new. I have seen the Chinese for as much as $200 at gunshows. I agree with the others about the ease of loading and and the ability to leave the tension off the spring till it is needed. I also think they are worth the current prices for the reasons that Hotbarrel gave.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I also have both types and prefer the Chinese over the Romanian. All for the same reasons posted above.

Got my Chinese drum with the pouch for $100.00 and felt lucky to do so. Haven't used either yet but at least I have them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone has a chinese or an asian drum they would like to sell, in new or like new condition give me a PM or a email.

Thanks, T M:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I hate to say it but maybe you need to go over to the "other " site and do a search for "for sale" Chinese 75 round drums. Lotsa action going on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There were quite a few of the Chinese front loading drums at this weekends SAR gunshow in phoenix, prices ran from $100 to $120. I see them at every gunshow. A couple of the local gunstores that sell AK's usually have a few of them floating around, price is usually the same as the gunshow price.

Romy drums are even more plentiful, usually about $75.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am planning on going to the gun show in Greensboro NC in Jan (anyone else going?) I may just get one then, or on gun broker.
Is $120 too much to pay? (i have no idea)
the romanian ones are about $70
T M

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got both, and I like the Romanian better....
Its hard to load I know but mine seems to give me less trouble...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Just my .02. A drum really isn't a practical means of loading bullets into your rifle. That is, in terms of weight and being practical. I think they are fun to use and shoot with especially when you are bump firing. That being said, go for a cheap $65-70 one. I have one myself, and it is a bit harder to load than a chinese one but is quite a bit cheaper, and does the exact same thing a Chinese one does. That is unless you are wanting something for investment purposes too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts