Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a PMKMS kit...and Im a first timmer and I want to make a reciever...I see all kinds of 80% recievers...flats that need bending...u channel pre bent and needing drilling...weld paks and one is a lazer cut that needs welding...reading some of your comments it sounds like theres a lot of experience with this out there...Im open to suggestions...which one wouild be the easiest or less complicated for a newbie??? Looking forward to your comments!! :confused:

·
Registered
621 Posts
You might look into Firing Line receivers. Sorry, I don't have a link, but if you go to http://www.m-14forum.com/ and visit the AK board, there is a couple of threads on Firing Line receivers. They make a milled receiver, and one thread on the M-14 board talks about one surviving 68,000 rounds before failing. I thought that was kind of low until mack8384 contacted them and found out that the 68,000 rounds was for a non-heat treated receiver.

That's pretty damn good! It's just that the author of that thread does not make it clear that he's talking about a non-heat treated receiver even though he uses the phrase "straight from the machine shop."

Anyway, a milled receiver will be more durable than a stamped one, and Firing Line is worth checking out!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I got my milled receiver from The Firing Line for my Polish Underfolder. It is an absolutely fantastic receiver and the weapon is fantastic. I stongly recommend them, there work is second to none. It is my favorite AK. I had them install the barrel and check headspace. It was then returned to me in the white for installation of the underfolder and finish. Jack

·
Registered
68 Posts
FYI, Ohio Rapid Fire will soon be manufacturing their own milled ak recievers. They are finishing up on a run of galil(yea that's right)recievers and will soon be tooling up for milled ak recievers :hdbng:

I have been eyeing a pmkms kit to have built on one of these when made available. Even if their prices are similar to firingline, I'd buy from orf 'cause they're about 20 minutes north of my home and they are the shit. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
pmbiker said:
FYI, Ohio Rapid Fire will soon be manufacturing their own milled ak recievers. They are finishing up on a run of galil(yea that's right)recievers and will soon be tooling up for milled ak recievers :hdbng:

I have been eyeing a pmkms kit to have built on one of these when made available. Even if their prices are similar to firingline, I'd buy from orf 'cause they're about 20 minutes north of my home and they are the shit. :thumbup1:

That really is good news. With their reputation it should be a winner. Did they say when the expect to have them ready for sale?

·
Registered
68 Posts
scubadvr said:
That really is good news. With their reputation it should be a winner. Did they say when the expect to have them ready for sale?
I fired off an email this morning asking that very question. I also asked if they'd be making one for polish underfolder kits. I'll respond with the answers when I get 'em.

·
Registered
68 Posts
pmbiker said:
I fired off an email this morning asking that very question. I also asked if they'd be making one for polish underfolder kits. I'll respond with the answers when I get 'em.

Todd Grove of ORF replied to my email regarding their recievers. He said it will be 3-4 mos. and that there will be several variants to include underfolders. I didn't ask for prices at this time, hell I doubt they even have concrete figures yet. I'd expect it to be at least competitive with firingline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts