Gunco Forums banner

Which Scope? Remington Model 700 XCR

420 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jrs
Remington Model 700 XCR, 308, 26" Tactical Long Range Rifle

Remington Model 700 XCR, 308, 26" Tactical Long Range Rifle

Which Scope would be best for target shooting out 300 - 1000 yards? Is there something that can do a the job correctly for $500.00 or less? or should I keep saving for that $1000 Plus piece of glass?
Also, will the scope work for in urban environment when the shit hits the fan.:):horse:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I've found the Super Sniper to be a whole lot of scope for the money.
SWFA Riflescopes SWFA SS Rifle Scopes
For the under $500 range I would recommend a 5x25x50 FFP Falcon Menace. I have two Falcon scopes and you can't beat them. Falcon Menace Optics

BigAl has a Leupold M4 FFP 6.5x20x50 on his .308 and it is top shelf, but expect to pay 3 times as much for it.

I've used Super Sniper scopes (Selling one on Ebay now), They are great scopes and very rugged, but I like a variable power scope.
Scopes are a personal thing. That said, go somewhere you can look through them as though it's mounted. Check eye relief. Check field of view. Consider differences in first focal plane or objective for the reticle. Can you readily convert MILs to MOA in your head? If so a MIL reticle and MOA adjustments are okay. If not, look for either MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA reticle/adjustments. Variable is nice, but realize as you adjust power you change the point of aim.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.