Gunco Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just whipped after this whole election cycle. My whole body feels like lead tonight and let us not forget this all started 4 years ago when Gore wouldn't give in. Then 9-11 and after that Iraq and all the other things.

What a roller coaster ride it has been for the nation.

I'm glad it's over, but what major event is next?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yea man.....

I'm hoping for Publishers clearing house to show up at my door,

And nothing more stressful than the beer I spilled earlier.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
not whipped - but relieved Kerry isn't in office.

cephus, you sounded tired this morning when we were talking on the phone. Hope you're able to get some more sleep tonight. :)

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I am just whipped after this whole election cycle. My whole body feels like lead tonight and let us not forget this all started 4 years ago when Gore wouldn't give in. Then 9-11 and after that Iraq and all the other things.

What a roller coaster ride it has been for the nation.

I'm glad it's over, but what major event is next?
Yep Im absolutely sick of all the negativity.

I swear, its like gearing up for another civil war every time an election rolls around. All we hear is limp wristed America hating pussy this, and dumb bumbling uneducated puritan ******* that.
Its like we all forget we are all American and all act like complete assholes to each other for a year and a half before November.
It makes me sick.
On 9-11, there was about 12-18 hours where we all stuck together, (I can proudly say that I was the #3 person to leave a hate-mail at the official Islamic Jihad website that day) then the power-grabbers all started to try to spin it into their favor. It was disgusting. Assholes selling cardboard flags for $25 a piece, Dickheads posing as firemen going door to door to take up "collections" to help their "fallen comrades."
Hell, we even gave up the better half of the Bill of Rights to make sure it never happens again....But wheres Bin Laden? Still trying to kill us...and wheres our rights? In the shitter.
What the hell happened? This is supposed to be The Land of Liberty, the land of the free... for thee I sing. Liberty and Freedom...Shit, when did we forget those two beautiful words?
Why are we that scared? It seems like 52% of this country thinks that Osama is going to crash a 747 ino their house, on the outskirts of Pigfawker, USA. We're the best and most powerful, at least we WERE the best. Being the best doesnt have anything to do with power or being powerful, it is about being the shining example...of taking a sucker punch like 9-11 and STILL standing up straight and tall before delivering a series of KO punches, and not losing sight of our original goals, the ones we set over 200 years ago.
But it seems to me that certain profiteers have hijacked that mission to line their pockets. Keep this "war on terror" going indefinitly and load up their tax-free corporate Cayman Island accounts.
Im not scared. I know deep in my heart If we all pull together and set our minds to it,we can make "Terrorism" a joke of history like "nazism" and "bushido" but only if we do it honestly, morally, and completely; with out worrying about shareholders, profits, and campaign contributors.

If there was a :shakesheadsadly: icon Id use one here.

Go ahead and flame away.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Good post D.B.

EDIT: EXCELLENT POST.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
D.B., check history. Elections have always been uncivil in this country. A look at the Jackson election is a great example. How about Lincoln, the man was insulted, laughed at, etc. Some how it always works out, maybe because it is an expression of our freedom, no matter what the content. Franky, the reason why this election seemed so negative is because the Republicans fought back. For this first time since I can remember, (Regan excluded) more Republicans stood up, shouted back, and stayed the course for their position. The "negativity" you heard was our side (because the other side never does anything wrong) stepping to the plate and hitting grand slams, time after time. This was a fantastic election, the people were awakened, the system worked. No where else on the face of the globe could this happen except for America.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I will not argue politics or religion, but I have to say at my age I have voted in a few elections, this is the first time I felt dirty after I voted. Both candidates are unworthy in MHO.

The British used to have a myth about King Arthur. He wasn't dead, but sleeping in a cave, it was said; in the country's hour of greatest peril, he would return. You, too, have great spirits of the past you may call upon: men and women of courage, of conscience, of prescience. Summon them now, to stand with you, to inspire you, to defend the best in you. We need them.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great post D.B.

These are strange times, but I think this country will make it through.

We have seen the Revoluition, 1812, 1861, WWI, WWII, Cold war, Vietnam, Civil rights, and 9-11 just to name few large ones.

I think we have to remember those times and if one looks back you have to imagine what people were saying and doing.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I feel great. I think the average Republican came out to vote. It was an unprecedented, grassroots "get out the vote" effort that traditionally is only associated with Democrats.

I was proud to vote for Bush. That does not mean I agree with everything he says or does. If I wanted a candidate who agrees with 100% of my views, I would have written in my own name but I don't think I am electable.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Who says the government schools and the welfare state don?t work? They work perfectly. They were designed to put the American people into a political coma, and that?s what they?ve done.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Custer said:
I feel great. I think the average Republican came out to vote. It was an unprecedented, grassroots "get out the vote" effort that traditionally is only associated with Democrats.

I was proud to vote for Bush. That does not mean I agree with everything he says or does. If I wanted a candidate who agrees with 100% of my views, I would have written in my own name but I don't think I am electable.
Custer has expressed my views perfectly............so the only thing I can add is..........Good Morning all..........have a nice day. :smoke:

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I feel more in line with Sang Run Hunter, and that is relieved that it won't be Kerry appointing the next 2 or 3 Supreme Court Justices. Again, the President wouldn't be my 1st choice, as I would choose someone more like Newt Gingrich, but I'm willing to see what he does now that he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected. The way the system is in this country we are only going to get 2 choices in every election, and by necessity both will have made many concessions, and owe favors to, many varied factions, making it difficult to do the right thing. That being said I also think Lupeloff is right that during very difficult times an ordinary leader can rise to the challenge and become an extraordinary leader. Stay involved!!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Thanks guys, one thing I really noticed this election was that neither side really discussed their platforms or agendas at all, just criticized the other team.
Maybe it because they are getting to be a power elite with the same agenda, that is keeping themselves in power.
It getting to be my feeling.
I think the Democratic Party is toast. Kaput.
They sold out their ideology back in the 90's to try and court moderate conservatives, and all they accomplished was to disenfranchise their base and life-long devout left wing supporters. Oh well.
Ya gotta dance with the one that brought you.
Good advice.
What Lupe said about both candidates is about how I felt. I didnt really see things being different between either one, so I wasnt that upset when Kerry lost.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't agree with all that has been said in these posts, but this was a really good exercise in talkling about politics without flaming. Well done everyone!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
Thanks guys, one thing I really noticed this election was that neither side really discussed their platforms or agendas at all, just criticized the other team.
D.B., I think this has been the case since LBJ buried Goldwater in 64 by painting the image of him as a lunatic who would cause nuclear war.

The Republicans were never truly conservative again, Vietnam and the Great Society took the Dems even further left and both sides steadily honed their attack dog capabilities.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts