Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Great Danes and a Rottweiler mutt. The youngest Dane is a psycho dog who has chewed much of my deck and way too many benches in my firearms shop. The 4x4 posts in my shop are now rounded.

I left the dogs in the main house today due to the cold (20 degrees) and a good (fake) persian rug and threshold were chewed.

I plan on a muzzle for the dane until she quits chewing or the weather breaks to keep her outside again.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
My biggest dog now is my black lab. My big dog died early last year. He was a half German shepherd and half huskie. He was a big beautiful dog, and very mellow.

I prefer big dogs over ankle biters, but I like all dogs. Truly mans best friend.

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just replied to your other post about your cart. I too, like big dogs. Your Black Lab looks at home in your shop. My shop has splinters where the Dane puppy has chewed.

I'm sorry about your Shepherd/Husky. I had a Black Lab that died recently of cancer.

Dogs are man's best friend. Sadly, they leave too soon.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I have a Chihuahua that THINKS she is a big dog. She thinks she is 8 feet tall and 200 lbs. Pound for pound, Chihuahuas are the bravest dogs in the world....
:rofl:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Our Shih Tsu nearly broke out a window trying to get to that bear. All 14 pounds of her. We need Cephus, he knows a thing or two about puppies.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Two "Heelers" about 40 pounds so they arn't a Big Dog.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I have a 78 pound Grey Hound I rescued from the track. Basically, he think he is a lap dog!

I also have a 9 pound rat terrier that thinks he is a pit bull man eater. What a combo those two make! Take a look

Attachments

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
I have a Chihuahua that THINKS she is a big dog. She thinks she is 8 feet tall and 200 lbs. Pound for pound, Chihuahuas are the bravest dogs in the world....
:rofl:
LOL, SD I never thought I'd like Chihuahuas but that all changed when my daughter got one. She is my little best buddy. I have a Rottweiler/greyhound mix that is really tall and is filling out too (103 lbs) but the boss is my daughter's dog- all 5 lbs of her! LOL

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Grendeljaeger said:
LOL, SD I never thought I'd like Chihuahuas but that all changed when my daughter got one. She is my little best buddy. I have a Rottweiler/greyhound mix that is really tall and is filling out too (103 lbs) but the boss is my daughter's dog- all 5 lbs of her! LOL
I know exactly what you are saying. The chihuahua is the queen of the house, eight pounds of attitude and brassiness.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I have a 8 year old rott, and will take off your arm if you try and pick up his cookie that he drops after it is given to him. He loves children and hates everyone else!

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Great danes, german shepards, rotts, saint bernards. None of them compare to the real dogs of the large dogs, The Great Pyrenese. Pyrs are great dogs.

http://www.greatpyrenees.com/ is a good link for the breed

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I know you guys will not like me for saying it but when in asia I saw the only kind of dog I like,, yum yum.. so I guess I like big dogs too, but they require a bigger pot. and a longer slow boil. I have had way too much trouble with dogs, even the so called family dog. here is a quote " Our dog would never eat your live stock, he would never hurt anything" .. but they were unintrested in seeing the carcus the dam thing hocked up when it realized I was on his ass. I tracked him for about 8 miles to its "home". uninterupted tracks rite to the door, and they still claimed it was not their dog. this is just one issue, Needless to say dogs of any kind are not welcome here EVER and they will all find the same result for sniffing around here.

OH hay you guys may like this story, not so grimm. a dog from a family I knew started comming over, I did not want to ,,,, well you know,,, so here is what I did to change its mind about comming here. keep in mind this was in the fall and cool temps. First off I cooked up a pound of bacon. second I added one bottel of red pepper seeds. second I added one bottel of crushed red pepper, to the cooling bacon fat, mix well. now put the pan in the freezer. when it is semi solid I flaked it up with a fork so he would gobble it all in before he knew what hit him. fire hot greasey slick stuff. now I put it out ware he had been dooing his thing every night. the next morning his tracks went directly to it, and directly back in the direction into the woods, I bet he had a hot mouth all day. ... I bet the next day holy flameing a** holes batman, needless to say the beast has never decided to come back. as for strange dogs ..... well sorry....
I will not even get into what I went through with a lagre dog running out of a yard wile I was walking two young children down the middel of a street in a suburban area, the so called owner had no controll " dogs have their own mind" and when it was all over the dam dog and the kids were both somewhat tramatized. the owner had nouthing to say to me when I was finished, he was lucky I was their or he would have had some kind of law suite. who knows how the kids would have ended up. just like kids they know when you are not looking. they are hunters, preditors and meat eaters. livestock and kids are just defenseless meat. people bet their small childrens lives that the family dog will not act on its natural .... well you know... a preditor alone with a small child. {ho no, our dog is friendly, he would never} yu rite ... not in my home. a choc lab swallowed a large rabit whole, follow the track to a home ware the kids were only two swallows, and closed minded owners again saying their dog would never eat livestock. BY GOD I will not BET the life of my child on a decision made my a meat eating preditory ANIMMAL. ..just my oppinion and a littel of what I have seen.. well now that I have alienated myself to everyone I guess I will stop.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 12 year old Rottie that is queen of the dogs and two male Labs (2 and 1.5).
I hate bait dogs. (not really, I love all critters but prefer big dogs)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I don't have big dogs, but if you knock on my door--they make you think twice before coming in........lol I have a 10 year min-pin and a 7 year old rat terror--oh excuse me--I mean rat terrIER.......lol They're good dogs, just heathens....lol I'll have to post a pic of them this afternoon. And if you cherish your hands.......don't touch their momma---very protective little shits. :boxing:

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hotbarrel:

It sounds like you have issues with jerk owners of big dogs. Dogs are like kids, they turn out how they are trained.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE : And if you cherish your hands.......don't touch their momma :QUOTE
how are you going to explane that to a small child.
chrome bolt
I agree but only to a point that they turn out as they are trained. they have their own minds.
AGAIN I am not against another guy haveing dogs, that is a personal decision. but my mind is made up too. I do not trust ANY of them . WAY too many bad run inns.
oh yes did I say YUM YUM ?? I think I did

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
hotbarrel said:
QUOTE : And if you cherish your hands.......don't touch their momma :QUOTE
how are you going to explane that to a small child.
chrome bolt
I agree but only to a point that they turn out as they are trained. they have their own minds.
AGAIN I am not against another guy haveing dogs, that is a personal decision. but my mind is made up too. I do not trust ANY of them . WAY too many bad run inns.
oh yes did I say YUM YUM ?? I think I did
I probably should've said don't approach their momma in a threatening manner--even play slapping and what not. I don't know how they'll be around kids, but I don't have that to worry about right now--kids not in the immediate future for me--

1 - 20 of 26 Posts