Gunco Forums banner

Which wuz the finest race car driver ever?

• Dale Earnhardt drivin' #3

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Dale Earnhardt drivin' #15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dale Earnhardt drivin anythin'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all of the above

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a hint -

See, Dale Earnhardt 4 Ever.

They ain't really but one real choice. He wuz the man who refused to lose, an' some people, like thet Darrel Waltrip boy, called him tha "Intimidater." Waltrip wuz more of a Imatater, or mebe jest a POtater! Hehehe!

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Richard Petty if memory serves.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lord forgivs ya Klauss, since ya iz from Ohio, but Richard Petty didn't evn drive a Chevy! Ain't no way. Yep, that boy won a lot a races - until Dale come along.

Oh yeah, sum peeple ask, "why them boys drive so fast?" They iz going 'round a oval, or tri-oval, whatever. They iz going in circles.

Them that's been to races could figer it out easy. The winner is kissed by a beauty queen, somethin like this 'un -

'an they is paid money, too!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!! Earnhardt!!

That's about all I got to say on that.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far, the Intimidater is winnin the poll! :thumbup1:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I had to go with #3. The 15 was a Ford.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amen Preacher,

They is a story behind them days.

Some sez the Lord commanded him. "Dale, ye got to drive a Ford," an' Dale says, "please Lord don't make me drive no Ford. Let me walk on nails, or swaller fire, but please, please don't make me drive no Ford."

An' the Almighty says thet it wuz a test, sorta like makin' Moses wander roun' the wilderness. Anyways, Dale done the unthinkable an' drove a Ford, tho it broke his Momma's heart an made the townsfolk angry. But he never apolojized. Nope, jest kept rubbin' fenders, so the Lord says, "Dale ya earned a piece a heaven." Ol' Dale sez "Lord, I ain't ready to leave. I ain't won Daytona!" Then, the Almighty sends Dale a Chevy Monte Carlo, an' tells Dale thet's what he ment! An, so he become the finest race car driver ever. So says they all.

·
Registered
736 Posts
JEFF GORDON!!!! GO 24!!!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Peacemaker said:
JEFF GORDON!!!! GO 24!!!
Damn PM, I thought I liked you--now I dunno........... ;)

as for the original question.........Dale was the man no matter what he drove--EOS (end of story)

·
Registered
770 Posts
NASCAR's fake y'all.
Pro wrestling isn't rigged that much.

If ya want to watch men racing real cars, Formula 1 is the way to go. Or if a 500 mile race can't hold your attention that long, how about NHRA and some top fuel funny car action.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
GBob01 said:
NASCAR's fake y'all.
Pro wrestling isn't rigged that much.

If ya want to watch men racing real cars, Formula 1 is the way to go. Or if a 500 mile race can't hold your attention that long, how about NHRA and some top fuel funny car action.
:banned: :ban: :spam: :why_this: :banned: :ban: :spam: :why_this:

(Just kidding)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When ol' Dale died at Daytona, weren't no fake. Lots a good men died racin' NASCAR, too many, so nope I ain't agreein' with ya. Now, I agrees they is some riggin' of rules so them poor ol' boys what races Fords won't look too bad. They needs what help the Lord don't give 'em, unfortunate souls they iz.

Formala One? Them boys, most of 'em foreigners, don't know what its like to strap a big 'ol stock car to ya chest an' rub fenders at close to 200 mph! They runs them little go-karts, what ain't got fenders or room for seats in the front an' back. Talk 'bout riggin rules, look what them boys did to poor 'ol Andy Granatelli when he tried to run rotary engines and 4 wheel drives! Them boys had fits and cried and screamed 'til they told ol' Andy he couldn't run 'em no more. Guess they was afeared he would start whupping 'em with a 4X4 pick up. Anyways, I think thet's where we got Jeff Gordon - from them sissy boys!

Hey, I like them drag racers. Takes a hell of a man to shoot one of 'em things down a straightway. Jest think if he had to turn 'em like them boys does at Darlington!

Naw, let them other folks have fun at what they doin', but ain't no pretendin' any of 'em better than The Intimidater.

_____
Don't mess with them fellers at WWE!

Oh, yeah - try tellin Shelton Benjamin he ain't no rasslin' champion, an' see if he don't whup ya right there! Go tell Sgt. Slaughter, ol' feller he iz, thet he's fake, and find out what happens! Rasslin' fake? Hoo boy, what they say nex?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I was just going through some old cds and I found my powerpoint presentation for a designing class I had---it was a Dale Earnhardt Sr tribute. I am extremely proud of how it turned out--I wish I could load it up here, but it may be wayyyyyyyyyy to large. I had a hard time creating it, very emotional for me--

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
David Pearson if one of my favorites and he is 2nd to Petty with 100 wins.

I like Earnhardt, but in some ways I didn't always agree with his bumping. It does suck that he is gone and NASCAR has changed again, it's gotten PC in the last 3 years.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I liked Dale........I also liked Richard Petty, Buddy Baker and Fireball Roberts.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
David Pearson if one of my favorites and he is 2nd to Petty with 100 wins.

I like Earnhardt, but in some ways I didn't always agree with his bumping. It does suck that he is gone and NASCAR has changed again, it's gotten PC in the last 3 years.
Yeah I'm not as into NASCAR as I used to be--it's not the same without Dale, but also---they've taken much of the "racing" aspect out of it. Rubbin is racin, the ol' chrome horn was classic, and the arguements.....just great, now it's all just soooooooo bleh and on top of that.........they have to announce that they're "recruiting" a certain demographic of fans by announcing someone the so called "ambassador" of that demographic and all that...........puhlease if they were that interested in racing, they would've already been at the races--why make a big spectacle out of it?! well that's my complaint-fest for the day...lol :rant:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sorry if I "rubbed" ya the wrong way. But rubbin' is racin' right?

I grew up near MIS, and went to many races up there, both Formula 1 and NASCAR. I love 'em all. I must admit I'm more of a fan of the Indy cars though.
I'll never try to take away from the ability of any of these drivers, and no there was nothing fake or rigged in Dale's death. That was a terrible tradgedy.
I just had to say something though as that poll was just a slight bit slanted in one direction.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts