Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talkin slide stop, thumb safety, hammer/sear/disconnect, etc....

I started out with Chip McCormick parts, but soon discovered they aren't much better than the parts used in most factory guns. They just look good.

I've found that Ed Brown and Wilson Combat parts are by far supreme. Each manufacturers premium line(EB-hardcore, WC-bulletproof)is guaranteed for life, can't beat that.

So since I feel the need to replace the internals of my 1911s with premium tool steel parts, these are what I use. Is it necessary, maybe-maybe not.

I also consider myself a junior gunsmith and like the experience of hand-fitting and blending parts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
pmbiker said:
I'm talkin slide stop, thumb safety, hammer/sear/disconnect, etc....
I'm real fond of CMC parts in general, but for fire control parts, I am a little more discriminating. For an ambi thumb safety, there is only one: King's. Look at one up close, and you'll see why. For hammer and beavertail, my distict preference is for Ed Brown. For trigger and bow, it's STI. For the sear - you'll be surprised - it's back to CMC. The reason? I have discovered it takes less work to get an excellent 3-3.5lb crisp trigger pull from a CMC sear than from almost any other brand, except maybe a Wilson. I use full-length guide rods in all my 1911s, and I go to Wilson for them. I also use only stainless, allen-head grip screws which I get from Accur-tune. For slide stop, bushings, sights, etc., it depends. I'm not real picky about them as long as they satisfy what I am trying to accomplish, although I usually go back to CMC.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I couldn't agree more about the CMC sears; and I usually pair it with the CMC hammer. Can't beat that kind of fit and pull for the prices. CMC also doesn't charge for shipping on their web site - that's cool.

I recently installed an Ed Brown Memory Groove BT, and I'm pretty happy with it. I've used quite a few other bt grip safeties, and so far I like the feel of the CMC and Ed Brown ones.

Sheik Yerbouti said:
For the sear - you'll be surprised - it's back to CMC. The reason? I have discovered it takes less work to get an excellent 3-3.5lb crisp trigger pull from a CMC sear than from almost any other brand, except maybe a Wilson. I use full-length guide rods in all my 1911s, and I go to Wilson for them. I also use only stainless, allen-head grip screws which I get from Accur-tune. For slide stop, bushings, sights, etc., it depends. I'm not real picky about them as long as they satisfy what I am trying to accomplish, although I usually go back to CMC.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have used Wilson parts and I am realy happy with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts