Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I really have no idea!

Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pollsters say they dont know. Ohio is leaning towards Kerry, Pennsylania more so. Though Bush is polling well in Wisconsin and New Jersey, they say his lead is not enough to turn usually Democrat voters from their party.

Will "undecided voters" turn to Kerry? My common sense tells me that Bush will win. But can any American politician withstand a relentless onslaught by the Democrat Party and National Media? Bush has been smeered by newspapers, TV know-it-alls, and Democrats - every day and night. It reminds me of how George Herbert Walker Bush was beaten down by the media when Clinton won the Presidency in '92.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
AClay47 said:
My common sense tells me that Bush will win.
Mine too, unfortunetly it is the least used of all senses by the majority of people. I am concerned at this point.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
A sitting president should be way ahead at this point. Yeah, I'm starting to worry.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I'm more worried about the fraud, with some precincts having more registered voters than residents. And this army of lawyers is a real concern, as they will want to do something so they can be paid. My stomach is starting to hurt!( I know I need to learn to relax)

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
The issue this time seems to be national defense and I have a hunch a lot of the public realize it.

The economy is pretty good despite the hangwringing of the leftist media.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
aviator said:
And do you honestly believe a president Kerry would be good for the economy Mr. Cooper?
aviator, do you really care what Mr. Cooper thinks??? :smoke:

·
Registered
273 Posts
its crazy but im starting to worry that kerry will win

·
6,361 Posts
DorGunR said:
aviator, do you really care what Mr. Cooper thinks??? :smoke:
Well, not really, not when it comes to politics. I'm a hard core right wing conservative in most issues. As a person....he's all right.....Just don't get in my way DB.:)

Custer is right, the issue is national security. We do need a president with character and balls who will stand up to international terrorism, not one who will deal with them.

Economy.....not much a president can do there anyhow.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
At worst I think Kerry would be a lame duck Pres and set us back. Since his senate record has no major accomplishments for 20 years and he is so far left that it might stagnate legislation.

I fear he will sick the BATFE on us gun owners and sign some stupid exec orders banning stuff like Clinton did. So, far W has not done any stupid gun stuff and I think he's done well on the war stuff. The economy for war time pretyy good considering.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Here in Co. the economy is pretty damn good, $300 thousand dollar homes selling after 3-4 weeks on the market.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exactamundo!

D.B.Cooper said:
"It's the economy, Stupid!"

Its like deja vu, all over again.....
:bangin:
Exactly! DB is giving advice Kerry should have followed. The national media has given the impression that the economy is tanking, when it isn't. As DB said, that's deja vu - what they did when Clinton ran against W's daddy in 1992. Remember how they showed plant closings and had stories about lay-offs night after night, although the economy was actually in a 2 quarter upswing?

But - Kerry has been campaigning on Iraq! He wants people to believe he is a warrior, when in fact it took three bandaids to make him run from his buddies in 'Nam. I'm not sure the public feels comfortable about Kerry as Commander in Chief, but many may have preferred his entitlement policies.

I watched Laura Ingram host the Scarborough Show after my original post. They had a series of reputable polls showing the President leading in many "blue" states and suggested he was trending well. It was the complete opposite of what I heard on another show. Maybe things are finally breaking W's way?

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
My neighbors house sold in 3 or 4 days. Two buyers bidding and they got more than the asking price.

I ought to put mine on the market.

·
6,361 Posts
I have sold stuff here in hours after placing it in the MLS.

My last sale, the one I had multiples offers on took a few weeks because of the hurricanes and it was priced at over 1 mill. 250K to 390K homes sell within a day or two here.....and they tell me the economy is bad.......BS.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
We are in the steel industry which means we supply home builders, small commerical building contractors, manufacturers and fabricators of every category. Anyone who uses structural steel from moms and pops to the big boys. We are in the rust belt---Ohio---where Kerry and the unions claim there are no jobs or no decent paying jobs due to Bush.

We have more people on the payroll now than at any time in our history. We are still adding people when we can find them. We are adding on to our office building as we are out of space. We will have expand the warehouse next year by 1/3 as we have new equipment coming in within the month and will have it shoehorned into existing space. That means we don't have enough space for inventory.

It is hard to find the employees we need. 90% of the applicants are people who are unemployed for a good reason. Personal failures not the economy. We are already a couple people short but are working OT and taking our time trying to find a couple goods ones to hire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts