Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to talk to 911

George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing items.

He phoned the police, who asked Are any of those people in your house?

George said no.

The officer then said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply stay in his house; lock his doors and an officer would be along when available.

George said, Okay, hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. Hello I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them all.

Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence.

Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George: I thought you said you shot them !

George said, I thought you said there was nobody available!

True Story

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Another good one Custer, just sent it to everyone on my e-mail list.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Nice!!!! I'll remember that when I get the everyone is busy thing. It's happened to me before, but the police here are stretched in my Twp. A levy just passed and we are supposed to get more patrolmen now.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is one of those things I just don't understand about people who are against guns for self defensive.

Not a knock on cops, but in too many cases all they can do for you is set up a crime scene to properly investigate your murder.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Custer said:
It is one of those things I just don't understand about people who are against guns for self defensive.

Not a knock on cops, but in too many cases all they can do for you is set up a crime scene to properly investigate your murder.
Very true, my wifes uncle always says that. You call 911 when someone is breaking in your house, so they can find your body.

In my case I hope it would be the body of a burglar.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evil_WalksII said:
I don't doubt the story is true but for some reason I get the impression if I pulled that stunt I'd be the one leaving in handcuffs.
I don't know if it is true but I suspect it is. I've been trying to find a link to a local paper that might have carried it. So far no luck.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Custer said:
I don't know if it is true but I suspect it is. I've been trying to find a link to a local paper that might have carried it. So far no luck.
It would be cool to verify it, but it is a good story non the less :)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Yeah Cephus, just imagine if Rocky got his way and you had to look for a key to unlock your weapon. I can just imagine the burglar politely waiting for you to undo a trigger lock.
:hndgun: :hndgun:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts