Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the early 1990's, I bought a "parts-gun" AR-15 from a gun store that was building guns from parts obtained through dubious channels. The collapsible stock was loose, the extractor was bent, and the bolt rings were not even all of the same thickness. The gun was unusable after firing less than one magazine.

The sad thing is, I traded off a pre-ban Chinese AK-47 to get this piece of junk. The AK was a pre-brand name Chicom AK that simply said "Ling Hua Factory" on the receiver. I hate to think what that rifle might be worth now.

I took the AR-15 back to get a refund and to give them a piece of my mind. They didn't have my trade-in anymore, nor did they have the money to give me back, so I literally cleaned that store out of most of its ammo, accessories, etc., to make up the dollar amount.

That gun store was out of business within three years.

Okay, what are your horror stories?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My worst one was an old Norenco AK chambered in .223..it ruined every casing i ran through it..i wish i had it back too..i hate parting with guns.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Probably the worst I ever had was some cheap .22 Derringer I bought years ago. I think it was made in Germany, but it looked like it was made in somebody's back yard in Pakistan.

I want to get a good Derringer in .45 Long Colt some day. I've been looking at Bond Derringers, but they are kinda expensive for all they are worth.

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Llama Max-1 .45 ACP

Biggest piece of crap I ever purchased. Saddest, sorriest copy of a 1911 ever.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
My MAK90, but I got her straightened out now with some polishing of parts. It would jam if you left a round in the chamber. The only way to safely get the bolt released was to fire it.
I worked over the bolt with a dremel and polishing compound and it's slicker than snot now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
RG .25 auto.

It was my first pistol, couldn't hit the proverbial side of a barn with it.

I think it held 6 rounds.......never made it past 3 without a jam.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Haven't had one that I hate yet. Of course, I always check with Cephus first. Could have something to do with it(or everything).

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
A Rohm 22 revolver. It was so inaccurate, the safest place to be was right in front of it when fired. I did not want to sell it to anyone, so I tried to see how much abuse it would take before it would fail. I stuffed the barrel with mud, put it in a vise and fired it. Believe it or not, it did not blow up! I drove nails in with the butt, I ran it over with a front loader, and it could still chamber and fire. Eventually, I took a plasma cutter and cut it in to pieces. Good riddance to the worse handgun ever to curse this earth

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Rhino_66 said:
Llama Max-1 .45 ACP

Biggest piece of crap I ever purchased. Saddest, sorriest copy of a 1911 ever.

The pistol would stovepipe, FTE, FTF, and I noticed slight bulging on the cartridge bases. I had it checked out by a gunsmith and he said the barrel was ground too far into the feed ramp area. The GS said I was lucky it didn't blow out any cases. The pistol was under warranty, but I decided to get rid of it rather than mess around with it. The gunsmith worked at the shop I purchased it from and they refunded my money. I talked to the smith later and found out he replaced the barrel, firing pin, extractor, and hammer strut. He said that it was much better after that, but I still wouldn't touch one with "a 39 1/2 foot pole". I do know someone who still has an early Max-1 and he loves it. His does seem to function fine, but I will never touch another one. There was little to no compatibility with actual 1911 parts with the pistol that I had. I don't know if this is still the case with newer pistols, but it is something to keep an eye out for.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Many moons ago, when I was married, (was the hell was I thinking) my Ex bought me a Thompson rifle. I don't remember who made it, it was a semi-auto version of the Thompson MG. The feed ramp was a separate piece from the barrel and kept falling out!!! Yes, it fell out!!! Really!! I'm not making this up. It was a strange setup. I have never seen a real Thompson to know if the feed ramp is like this. we had it repaired twice and it would never fire right. Dumped it real quick.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
"Worst Gun You Wouldn't Wish on Your Worst Enemy?"

hesse/vulcan arms, american spirt arms (ASA), special weapons, lorcin, hi-point.......there might be a few more, but these are posssible the worse so called "weapons" I had the displeasure of encountering.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Chiroone said:
A Rohm 22 revolver....
I've seen two. One is an inaccurate POS that looks more like a cap gun than a real firearm with its cast pot-metal frame and plastic stag grips, the other won't even fire.

Worst I've ever fired was a Bryco .32 or .380, don't remember which. Woman friend of mine bought it for self-defense, came to my place to try it out. With all the jams it took us at least half an hour to get a single magazine fired, and by that time the pins holding the extractor and other goodies in place were backing out.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Bought a CZ 52 from a local gun store. Came with three barrels, 1 in 7.62X25, 1 in 9mm 9X19 and one in 38 super. Thought I had something there, but almost killed myself. put the 38super barrel in and cracked the frame on the first mag. Brought I back to the shop owner and he gave me credit towards a russian SKS. Boy was I glad to get rid of that one. Irony is that the gun store owner put it back in the case for sale. I'll never buy another gun from that guy again.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I do have one of those Raven arms .25 auto pocket pistols, but it's not too terrible. I wwnated to make a lighter out of it, but I gave it to my Mom.

(Note to self, I really need to buy Mom a decent cheap pistol.)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Viragos said:
Bought a CZ 52 from a local gun store. Came with three barrels, 1 in 7.62X25, 1 in 9mm 9X19 and one in 38 super...
.38 Super is a pretty hot round. I've got a Colt 1903 Pocket-Hammer in .38 ACP, precurser to the .38 Super. Only difference between the two rounds is that the Super is a hotter loading (developed, I believe, in 1929 in response to the developing market for a round that would penetrate car bodies now cops-and-robbers had begun being played with automobiles). Anyway, a .38 Super round would blow up my .38 ACP in short order.

His putting the pistol with a cracked frame back in stock sounds like an invitation to a liability lawsuit to me. Worse than evil. Stupid. What an idiot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts