Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Builder, Destroyer, Hater
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are people for fukkin real. does a cheap tapco stock,and pro mag drum make a $800+ Saiga??

Damn, I know a shop down the road from my house selling bone stock S12's for $650.

I think this kind of mentality is bull shite and these fuggers should be flogged!!

OH well, I guess I'll just sit here and pet my S12 I got during the Hoebama scare for $650............

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
I know what you mean, the prices are going crazy.
Hell they were like $300 4 or 5 years ago.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Wait till the guys at the local shop trys to sell a promag for $90. I choked and asked why. "Oh the atf is going to ban the 12" I called bs and he wasn't amused

·
Registered
224 Posts
OH Well, a fool and there money ya know. I'll take a Banelli instead.
I see what you did there... :lol:

I've considered putting my Saiga on the market- if I could get over $1000, turn around and buy a new one for about $675- then convert it again... but with my luck I'd get a Vodka special :loopeye:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I remember when these things were around $250-$300. Then they shot up to around $450-$500 back in 2007-2008. Now $700++?

I don't get it, and I don't really see the appeal of them at any price over $400.

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
The sad thing is, people are buying them at that price so the paranoia feeds itself!
Hitting the nail on the head

I remember when these things were around $250-$300. Then they shot up to around $450-$500 back in 2007-2008. Now $700++?
I don't get it, and I don't really see the appeal of them at any price over $400.
Yeah I got mine at $400, drug my feet when they were lower.
Your right about "don't see the appeal at a price over 400", most low end semi shotguns are in the 500-600 range, and these are based on those crappy AK guns. :D

·
Diss Member
893 Posts
I don't think the hysteria was totally unfounded. The ATF did release that study with all the pictures of the evil converted S-12 with the MD-20 drum, and it's no secret that they would dearly love to ban the Saiga shotgun. They're in a bit of a regulatory bind because in the as-imported form, the Saiga meets any sporting use test you'd care to devise, and as long as 922r is complied with in converting, the most they could do would be to declare people's individual guns to be destructive devices, and due to the numbers of shotguns involved, that would be a clusterf%^& which they want nothing to do with.

The drums are an aftermarket accessory, and those can't be banned short of an act of Congress, because the current body of law just can't be stretched that far. At the same time, everybody knows what they really want to do, and none of us would really put it past them to try something even if it would be a reach, legally speaking. Then add inflation in general to the equation, plus the fact that the Russians have figured out that we will pay more than $299/each for them, and they alone control the supply. The panic seems to be settling down for now, but there may yet come a day when you'll wish you'd bought more of them at $800 each.

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
just got the e-mail , century is selling this month to the dealer price at $599 , price is coming down

·
Builder, Destroyer, Hater
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Centerfire has them for around the $600 mark also

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think prices have finished dropping just yet. I sold my saiga, actually both, when prices were going up. I'm hoping the MKA will gain some traction and drop prices back down to reasonable. $500 would be nice. Then I'll jump back in.

·
Gunco Irregular
2,990 Posts
Gunshow prices last weekend, S-12s $729-$769.

Saiga .223s $429-$469.

Any Krag $995.

Any Garand $995

SMLEs $250-$550 (more if you're anal-retentive and insist all the parts be present)

Golani Sporters $379 (!)

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Gun shows are a huge rip off.
You have to know what the going prices are for items you want, there are deals to be found at shows but they are few and far between.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The sad part is the military style conversion is going to add around $300.00 to the initial
cost + the cost of the gun. It's way to much cost to have a pistol grip & drum on a shotgun. The above is just my option and it's only worth .02* That is if your paying someone to do the conversion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts