Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting some opinions, I have a bone stock Saiga 12, I am thinking of getting some parts from AK builder and moving the trigger guard to the original position, putting on a US stock, pistol grip, US trigger group; etc. Any opinions on if I should do this or keep it bone stock?

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
My two cents, convert it.

I like mine even more after I did it, it feels more balanced and not as nose heavy.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Convert it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Convert. Get an Ace folding stock.
Feel the evil.
:redgrin:

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I am going to go for it, spoke with Curtis at AK Builder on the parts I need I am ordering them. I am only concerned about the original FCG holes, not sure if I have the talent to file the holes and smooth them out. I only have a Home Depot Lincoln weld pac machine. Coils gave me some ideas, but any other ideas out there on what to do with the old FCG pin holes?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have a small Lincoln MIG, (wire feed welder).
I welded up those rear holes.
File it off smooth. Not a problem.

·
Diss Member
893 Posts
but any other ideas out there on what to do with the old FCG pin holes?
Cut off the tang and go to the modular type stock. Carolina Shooter's Supply (and possibly others) makes an internal modular receiver block that is drilled and tapped to use allen head screws through the artifact FCG pin holes. That makes for about the stiffest modular conversion possible. My brother and I have this setup on each of our S-12s along with the push button hinge and one of my Wolverine stocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts