Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the gun show this weekend and *WILL* buy something, just don't know what. My first consideration is a Saiga 5.56 that I will convert to the AK-101 config (folding stock, etc).

What should I consider a good "gun show price" for one? Looking on GA they seem to be around $240. Counting FFL transfer, shipping, etc. that will put it up more. SO... what would you think would be a good price? < $250 ?

- Jerry

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just paid 249 for one. The supply seems to be low right now.

I take the price I see in SGN, add $15 for shipping + $25 transfer fee + some for the store (they're not running a charity). If that is what the shop is selling it for, I consider it a fair price.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I found one on GA for 215 shipped, should be here very soon.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I didn't buy one last weekend... all of the Saigas for sale were marked Remington .223. NOW... from what I've read, this is the smaller neck and therefore less desireable, since the 5.56 eats everything, but .223 eats only .223.

I've read several "but it works fine for me" posts on several boards and frankly this scares me.

Question - does a Saiga 5.56 exist? Or are they all .223 caliber?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I?m going to a gun show in the morning (9-25) and will be looking for the Saiga?s too. I?m looking for the .308 version, I just got a quote from CDNN in Texas and their price has gone up $20 so the .308 is now $249.99 + shipping. Sorry but I didn?t ask about the .223 but would guess it?s now $219.99 + shipping. I saw somewhere around here (Home) about a month ago where someone had the .223?s for $169.99 + shipping, but my desk is a mess and at the time I didn?t care because I was looking for HK G3?s not Saiga?s. I always seem to decide to buy a gun the week after it was on sale and miss the good deals. If I see any Saiga .223?s I?ll get a price and post it.Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts