Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest acquisition.

A Kel-Tec SUB 2000. It is .40 S&W and uses Beretta 96 magazines. I love these Starship Troopers/Star Wars looking weapons. I can't wait for X-mas vacation to go shoot it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I like them too SD. The DEA here at the Ports use the SUB2000!

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I have to admit, I've always been really interested in these. Except I'm more interested in the modles that take the Glock mags so you can use the 30 rounders. (33?)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polish Taipan said:
I have to admit, I've always been really interested in these. Except I'm more interested in the modles that take the Glock mags so you can use the 30 rounders. (33?)
I am figuring to see some extended amgazines for these in the future. Beretta makes its CX4 Storm in the .40 and it uses Model 96 magazines. Since they already make new 20 rounders for the 9mm (model 92) version, I am hoping these will be coming soon.
:notworthy <----- Me begging. Please Beretta, please!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats! Sheesh, all these " New Acquisition " posts are starting to make me long for something new and different..

I've only seen pics and never handled one, so how does that nifty little Kel-Tec feel? Looks like it would be great for a backpack (or my oversized catfish tackle bag).

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evil_WalksII said:
Congrats! Sheesh, all these " New Aquisition " posts are starting to make me long for something new and different..

I've only seen pics and never handled one, so how does that nifty little Kel-Tec feel? Looks like it would be great for a backpack (or my oversized catfish tackle bag).
It feels great. It comes straight up to my shoulder and I can pick up the sight immediately. I will take it out to the range next week. WOOHOO!!!:ar15:
It folds into a very nice small package.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Should be lots of fun to shoot. Don't be taking it to show and tell with yer students though. :D

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pogo said:
Should be lots of fun to shoot. Don't be taking it to show and tell with yer students though. :D
I know I know. I would like to stand in the halls during class changes with it but, I don't think it would be appreciated. It would certainly help with discipline in the halls, though.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I saw someone on AR15.com in the EE selling 30 round CX4 mags today.

Leadhead had or has one of those and I shot it. I liked it more than I thought I would.

I wouldn't mind having one of those or a Marlin camp carbine in .45

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't they chamber that in .223 also? Or is that a look alike? I was all hot to get one and then........NO - YOU CANNOT HAVE THAT IN CALIFORNIA!

Man, I was born and raised here and we used to go quail hunting right out the back yard. Now so god damned many people have moved out here that there are no more places to shoot. :censored2

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
It's just about a half mile to Keltec through the woods and across the interstate from my house. Enjoy your piece of the neighborhood :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Oooh, that could really burn my ass Randy, but then I look at your avatar and tend to forget what the hell I was thinking about. :p

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
Congratulations Ms. Destiny! I was at Military Gun Supply lookin' myself today....I saw something I liked but it was $1000.:eek:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cephus said:
That is a FINE LOOKING WEAPON does it ccome in other cals or just 40 and 9mm I hope your as happy with it as you are excited. You are a good person and deserve it aand if you were a teacher of my grandkids you'd need that in the hallways around here just to get noticed.LOL :thumbup1:
Cephus
Right now it only comes in .40 and 9mm. I hear they are talking about a .45 and maybe a .22. I wouldn't use it in the hallways at school, I would want my SAR-1 instead or get a FAL.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Its a lot cheaper than a semi auto MP5 too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts