Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked to the truck stop from work today to eat lunch.

They have a rack of leather jackets near the front door. Above the rack was a sign that said, "Special. $19.99".

I thought, "Man, these jackets must be junk."

Then I looked closer and they looked like pretty high quality jackets, even if the tags DO say "Made in China."

I looked at the price tag on the actual jackets. It said, "$199.95."

I looked up at the sign above the jackets again. "Special. $19.99"

I went over to the clerk at the counter. "This MUST be a misprint," I said, "The jackets say '$199.95' and the sign says '$19.99'. That's gotta be a misprint, right?"

"It's not a misprint, sir," the clerk said.

"How can they afford to do that?"

"I don't question them, sir, but that's the right price."

I quickly looked for one in double extra-large and paid my twenty bucks plus tax. I walked out of there, half expecting someone to follow me a minute later to say, "You're right, that's a misprint. They're really $199.95."

But nobody did.

They had another style that looks more like the "Hogan's Heroes" jacket for $39.95. The one I got is a black leather jacket that is made to look like it's stitched together from pieces. That description doesn't do it justice. Everybody at work said the jacket looked really sharp.

I still can't believe the price. They had several left.

You can't even get that kind of bargain at the flea market.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
"Made in China".....yes, they can afford that.

Stores have a very, very high mark up on some products. I know people who produce famous label shirts for stores, the store pays them about $2.00 per shirt, they sell for about $45.00.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Congrats on your new jacket, Major.:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Too bad I didn't have the 40 bills to buy the "Hogan's Heroes" jacket.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
My wife is a size 2 and clothes are hard to come by. Then she figured out a little secret in buying really good famous name clothes. At the end of seasons they dump the stuff.

When she was still teaching full time she bought $300 - $400 dollar skirt suits for as low as $5. I've never seen mens clothes for that price, but you talk about a happy woman! Nothing like coming home to woman who just bought an entire wardrobe for $150 bucks and has clothes for 2 weeks. Normally priced we're talking $2000 or more.

Then of course her being in a good mood we had to have a fashion show! :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, tell me there's a way to buy GUNS like that!

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
One of the grocery chains around my neck of the woods has those coats also. They'll sell one to anyone for $39 but if you have their value card they are $25. I bought mine a couple years ago for $20, my range bag is made the same way but in brown so Iknew of it's quality. This year the same store has the coats back and they have bags and womens purses too. I picked up a smaller bag the same as my range bag for $12.

I need the expansion room. It's getting to be a major operation to go to the range these days :rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
um Randy? your not trying to pass off a womans purse as an equipment bag AGAIN are you? :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fal_shooter said:
Is this your coat on the bottom left?

http://www.leatherup.com/_e/dept/01/Mens_Leather_Jackets-4-0.htm

I also got a great deal on a leather coat this weekend and ran across this while looking up the retail price on the coat I got. I will never buy one in a store again. You can also buy some on ebay for $15 bucks.
None of the ones on this website are exactly like mine, but if I had to pick a similar one it would be the one in the middle bottom of that webpage.

Mine is styled more like a motorcycle jacket, but that's not a perfect description either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts