Gunco Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the engine in my poor project car.

355 SBC with Vortec heads, a cam that makes around 330-350 HP. Lot's of other goodies I don't need to list.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
What kind of car you putting that in? A friend of mine has a 92 Mustang GT that I want as a project car. He's asking $2500. Problem is, he wants a couple of my AK's. Cant part with those.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I guess that I don't need to tell ya that Vortec's are some of the best flowing heads right outta the box, and are good all around performance heads. Good choice Sang!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
75_stingray said:
I guess that I don't need to tell ya that Vortec's are some of the best flowing heads right outta the box, and are good all around performance heads. Good choice Sang!

Damn it Stingray, why did you have to put that stinking engine in front of the Harley! :wink: Now show some pics of the Bike, please. Happy New Year, Jack

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like your engine better 75 :)

Mbadboyz,

My project, err... saga is this:

That was 2 years ago, it's all in grey primer I did myself after sanding to the metal on 90% of the body. Lucky for me there was little rust and no filler anywhere on the car until I started.

Here are a few more.

Yes, that is a manual trans.

Funky bench seat with a truck length shifter handle. Needs to be trimmed back about 6 inches, but it's cool in a rat-rod way.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Cephus said:
Jack stop drooling
nice stingray
Sang the only thing I would change would be,it would have a timing gear and not a chain. I guess I broke to many of them just don't trust them.
Thats what I'm running Cephus, a Pete Jackson gear drive. If you didn't know any better, you'de think all that whining under the hood was a blower.

Sang, that's the way I like em,,,,,,sleepers!:D

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cephus said:
Jack stop drooling
nice stingray
Sang the only thing I would change would be,it would have a timing gear and not a chain. I guess I broke to many of them just don't trust them.
It's an HD double roller and it should stay together for what I need since it's a crusier. I wanted a gear drive, but I got to thinking about the whine for the cheaper one and the quiet one is way more expensive.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Cephus said:
Sang the only thing I would change would be,it would have a timing gear and not a chain.
Great minds must think alike because that's what I was going to say until I scrolled and seen yours.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Yeah, but I love when the whine turns into a SCREAM!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took Mrs. Sang for a ride in this about a month ago when it was really nice out. She had not ridden in it since 1999 when it had the old wheezer 260 and slipping tranny.

I dumped the clutch around 3500 and lit the tires up in front of the house. Then we passed these old timers up around the corner who have a bunch of cool old rat rod stuff they are working and tehy happend to be out. I came up their street in 1st around 3500 rpm's and and they came running out as I passed. The car looks like dogshit and sounds like the depths of hell have been unleashed when you hear it :D

I think those guys liked it and Mrs. Sang said it was like riding a rocket. It's got the wrong gear in it (2.29:1 yuck!) and it still takes off like a scalded dog. I wish I had the 3.90 gear in it. I have a set of 3.08's and they'll be my budget gears since someone gave them to me.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
My tranny is an overdrive, so 3.90 would be perfect for me :D
Yea, that 3:90 is a great street gear. It's so close to a 4:10 that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I'll bet you could catch more than a few hotrods sleeping as they underestimate your lil chevy!;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
more power....arrrrrrrr.......arrrrrrr!! looks like a good one Sang

wish I had some pics left of my old sleeper
69 Ford XL
351W
ported and polished heads
.30 over bore...forged balanced pistons.
crank polish, oil holes champered, balanced.
milodon high flow oil pump
Pete Jackson gear drive
Crane roller cam and rockers and springs with modified Chevy guide plates to guide the push rods.
Hooker headers
Holly street dominator manifold
and a single dual feed 750

Not a bit of chrome on the engine......Ford blue only
A rather stout C-6 trans
9" 4:10 rear gears

enough torque to pop the front tires off the ground.........only got beat once, by a rather nasty Duster with a 340.

Never got the chance to clock it.....but figure it would have run mid to high 11's

Man....I miss that car.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
It's not just boys and their toys--as usual I'm the odd girl out---love hotrods.
Before I could drive I was helping my dad under the hood. He wanted me to be independent and not have to be stranded on the road (this was back when cellphones weren't that reasonable or reliable) so he taught me to change tires do the oil tranny fluid everything....it was like he was prepping me for a pit crew--he timed me on the tires.....lol ahhhhhh the good ol' days. Now I take my truck in for maint--out of sheer laziness.......lol :tongue:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Randy! You're so randy! :naughty:

My Mom helped me put an engine back in my VW bug at the time when I needed the extra set of hands and my Dad was not home. LOL!

My wife couldn't change a tire if her life depended on it! She's so small that even standing on the lug wrench she can't break a lug free. That's okay, I've helped many a woman change a flat in front of my house or downtown in the parking lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts