Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
gunco irregular
3,468 Posts
I haven't paid much attention to the newer Yugo guns. Are they built the same as the older military guns or have they been cheapened up to meet a price point?

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know. Read a few years ago some of the Yugo's had soft bolts and bolt carriers, I think the NPAPS.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do not know. Read a few years ago some of the Yugo's had soft bolts and bolt carriers, I think the NPAPS.
This report is all over the shooting forums. Did the importer take care of the issue in the end?

I have only one import complete "civillian" Zastava, an M77 that came in a sissy thumbhole stock. I put milsurp furniture on it, squared the angle cut receiver and put a tabuk flash-hider on it. Now it looks like an actual DMR issued rifle. It always ran great and does best on GGG Lithuianian NATO. Otherwise I have either complete milsurp yugos (Mausers, SKS's) and milsurp kit builds: M70B, M70AB2 and M76 kit guns that all look and run like tops. Had a lot of problems getting the M76 finally built and rebuilt correctly. Mario @ Pice of History finally got it going.

The M70AB2 was an early Century build and it's action (surprisingly) cycles the best like butter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts